Thursday, March 28, 2013

Walk For Life 2013

This year, I decided to go on the 2013 Walk for Life with my church St. Robert Bellarmine. The Walk for Life is a protest against abortion. I am completely pro life, I don't agree with killing innocent babies. Take their hands and not their life, they have a beating heart even though it may not seem like it.These babies are living, flesh and blood, human beings and don't deserve to be killed at all. It says in the Bible "Thou shalt not kill". My friend came along with me on this trip to San Francisco. We hopped on the bus at 6 a.m. on an Saturday morning. It was a very long drive, about 5-6 hours. There were movies playing on the bus to keep us occupied.When we arrived in SF, it was a HUGE city. I didn't expect it to be so big. When we got to the park where the Walk for Life started, it was  packed. There was literally no place to move. You were crammed with a bunch of other people. This makes me proud that so many people agree with life. We out numbered the pro choice people.We listened to the woman and men who regretted lost mother or fatherhood tell their stories. Most of the women deeply regretted their abortions right after having them. They couldn't live a day without thinking of the child they had killed. Then, we listened to the bishops and priests talk. We also listened to women who were forced to have abortions. These stories were terrible to hear. The people telling the stories were sobbing and were just very sad. So then, all of the churches started the walk after the speeches. We walked through the city of San Fran holding signs that said pro life and we yelled pro life! My friend and I made our own posters with pictures of babies and quotes from the Bible, Mother Teresa, and some of  our own. The pro choice people yelled and screamed at us, cursing us Christians and the Bible. At the end we hopped back on the bus and headed home. We got home around 10 p.m. at night. The city of San Francisco was very cool. One problem was it was a week before the Super Bowl and they were selling shirts that said "defeat Baltimore!", I didn't like that so much.











I enjoyed sticking up for those babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails